Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FRUSTRATION





I am living in a state of frustration. Frustration at not finding my other half; frustration at being assailed by news reports of an uncomprehending, vicious, bloodthirsty world; frustration and anger at devious entities trying to disfigure my Jewish identity and destroy the destiny of my people.


One of our greatest tasks is to tune our ears and spirits to the Almighty's gentle, guiding voice. Not easy! Our stubborn mindsets rail, our fickle emotions deceive, our duplicitous hearts lead us merrily down into a morass of selfishness.

The world is dying from lack of knowledge. Worse still, the world is killing from lack of wisdom. Hearts are hardened, compassion is smothered and gasping for breath, people live only for themselves.


My heart is broken.


What will it take to reverse course? It is so easy to simply give up, close our eyes, shut our hearts, carry on with our pitiful little lives.


We cry and scream and beg for Messiah to come. But what are we doing to make our own little world better? How much are we reaching out to those around us? What are we willing to give, or give up, in order to relieve the plight of our fellows?


"If I am not for myself, who will be for me If I am only for myself, what am I? If not now, when? If not I, who?"

No comments: