Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sunset Fruit



We are approaching the sunset years of our life, a long, lingering slowly sinking, westerly sun, floating gently into a far horizon .

I offer you my sunset fruit.

Are you the man who will treasure this shining gift. The gift of my decades of joy and sadness, the very real outlook of a weathered, strengthened, round-edged vixen grown mellow.

The possibility of love. What a delicious hope!

And you, the man who loves to love, loves to play, loves to give.

Who can only make love to a woman he loves.

How fresh, how miraculous and wise!

A man who has lived a wide and fulfilling life. A man comfortable with himself, with no more driving ambitions, except one; to have his true partner, the woman he will love for the rest of his days.

Is this not what I have longed for my whole life through?

Soon, we will enter our Golden Years, drenched in mischief, silliness, cooking for each other, dancing to a Latin beat, with an Israeli accent. Hours of touching, fondling, stroking, laughing, dumb-struck!

Could this be the fulfillment of my forever dream?

Come to me, you, son of the enchanted forest, centaur, shooting your arrows straight and true.

My heart is open.

No comments: